An at-risk public elementary school child who needs a relationship with a caring adult.
Sixty critical minutes each week when a trained mentor befriends a child and helps him or her acquire basic academic skills.
Takes ownership of a program with its neighborhood school and provides a trained mentor and a behind-the-scenes prayer partner for each child.
Welcomes this proven intervention to increase the academic skills of at-risk children, while incurring no additional expense.
What is Kids Hope USA?
KIDS HOPE USA is the catalyst for an expanding network of church/school partnerships. These partnerships take on the enormous challenge of kids at risk—One Child, One Hour, One Church, One School at a time—through one-on-one mentoring relationships.
South Sudan New Life Children Home
WHY THE CHILDRENS RANCH?
• There is an open door for the Church to serve the needs of Orphans.
• The pictures above are common place. An older brother or sister who is not more than 12 themselves, is left to care for younger brothers and sisters because they have no living parents.
• There are sad memories of seeing many little white bags of small children's bodies piled up like cordwood every morning at the Khartoum Hospital. They had been left on the streets to die. So now is the time for an Orphan's Home. Enough is too much! Enough children have died.
• Children need the love of parents to care for them and teach them the love of Christ.
• 360 acres of prime farm land has been set aside by village chieftains for an orphanage.
• If we can not establish a home for these orphans they will turn it over to someone else to complete.
• There are now 140 fully trained Sudanese Evangelists who will help to find loving families willing to take on the challenge of raising these children.